Infosys System Engineer Interview Questions
Infosys is a global IT consulting company that provides business consulting, information technology, and outsourcing services. Infosys offers software development, product maintenance, independent validation, manufacturing, and other sectors.
The company was established in 1981 and used to be known as Infosys Technologies Ltd. It started with just $250 invested in its initial capital. Today, Infosys is headquartered in Bangalore, India. Information technology company Infosys delivers highly innovative products services. By changing the way people work and live, Infosys makes a huge impact on the world.
It’s more than an innovation that wins the confidence of its stakeholders. The Infosys foundation helps some of the most depressed communities which they work under the cause of corporate social responsibility.
Every career is a journey, that is why Infosys Careers ensures that everyone has the right opportunities and support to move forward in their career with Infosys, whatever builds your sights with the global platform to build industries and keep reinventing yourself with lifelong learning. Seize the opportunity and make the most of it.
Infosys system engineer interview process
Infosys System engineer interview questions consist of 2 or 3 rounds the first round will be an online test, with the Infosys online test for system engineer questions generally, you need a minimum grade point average of 60% in class 10, class 12, and graduation to apply.
- Online assessment test
- Technical interview
- HR interview
For experienced candidates also, remains the same. But in the case of some critical roles, you have to appear for two or more rounds of interviews in Infosys followed by an HR interview.
Infosys System Engineer Interview Questions
1. How do you evaluate a technical document up to date?
There are four steps to avoid these issues and consistently deliver a technical document up to date.
- Develop a digital service manual.
- Reach out to the engineering team.
- Maintain a single-part database.
- Integrate engineering and design with your parts database.
2. How do install the last piece of software on a server?
You installed the server software and several end-user licenses across the organization. User license matched the number of people who needed across to the software and the server version was up to all the latest patches. The rest of the system engineering staff be aware of their activities and could support the product.
3. How to describe the troubleshooting problem? Is a website slow?
A website’s speed depends on the server. If the server’s performance is poor, it will take a long time. And this always boils down to your web host. It’s not common for you to share a server with dozens of other websites, lower your speed as you compete for the same resource.
- If the images are too large take longer to load than small images. You’ll add a bit of extra loading time for each of them.
- You want to consider the file format as well, JPG and PNG files tend to load more quickly than BMP and TIFF.
- Consider this you only use the necessary ones. Flash presentations can add value to a website if used properly.
4. How to manage the system configuration?
System configuration defines the computer hardware, the processes as well as the various devices that comprise the entire system and its boundaries. To connect the system to SLD to minimize the effort of maintaining and creating the system manually if the configuration is in automatic mode it doesn’t work properly.
- Four Main steps for system configuration.
- Select solution manager SLD via transaction SOLMAN_SETUP a system preparation 6.1
- The managed system sends system data to SLD via transaction RZ70.
- Solution manager LMDB “Resync from SLD” via transaction LMDB.
- Solution manager configure the managed system via transaction SOLMAN_SETUPa managed system configuration.
5. Familiar with virtualization and containerization explain?
Virtualization and containerization are the most popular methods of integrating applications into a computer system. A virtual machine is a fundamental unit of virtualization. The container concept, on the other hand, is fundamental to containerization.
Infosys System Engineer Techincal Interview Questions
1. What did you suggest to create DNS backups?
Domain name resolution is solely the responsibility of DNS, which is an integral part of active directory domain services (AD DS ). When the DNS server fails, it becomes impossible to locate resources within the intranet and across all AD server operations. This makes it essential to get the DNS server working again.
2. How do you implement automation testing?
- A common scenario is they have test cases or that they have run all the tests in time. So people dive in and automate them straight away. That doesn’t mean it’s something we should go and automate.
- If you are going to automate testing, you need to understand the current method of testing and figure out how to integrate automated tests.
- Automating your workflow will also help you move faster and increase automation coverage. Developing an app quickly, distributing several versions to various devices, and then going from there is the best solution.
- Having to automate testing is that about the automation tools when it was about the mindset you need to automate where and when you need it.
3. How to set up cloud service in a system network?
The purpose of networks is to isolate data from the outside world, often without being noticed by the average user. Networking assists organizations in The devices communicating with each other and integrating their systems across geographical barriers while ensuring safe passage for information.
An API is simply a means for fetching or sending data between interfaces. If, for example, you would like to make a customer application that gives users real-time data from the server, or even allows them to edit or add some other data endpoint, then you would be making a client application.
5. What is debugging program? how it was used?
A debug is a computer program used by the programmers who test and debug a target. May use instruction set simulators, rather than running a program to achieve a higher level of control over its execution. When a program crashed, debuggers show the position of the error in the target program. And it is also capable to run the program step-by-step mode besides stopping specific points, often modifying the state of the program while it running.
6. What is better to use VMware or Virtualbox?
If Workstation/fusion, which has better compatibility with VMware servers and data management tools, is the clear choice if you work in the VMware environment. Virtual machines created by VMware are faster than those created by VirtualBox, so it was the better choice for business use.
7. What is the value of system engineer brings to a business?
Every organization relies on the system engineer for many of its operations. Business decisions are better made with a smart system engineer, as they can work across the team efficiently. Whether you focus on the system operation as a team or as an individual, you’ll ensure consistently improving maximum efficiency to increase productivity.
8. Share your experience with SQL framework for server development.
A free graphical user interface, SQL Developer allows database users and administrated to their database tasks with fewer clicks and keystrokes. To accomplish the main objective, the end-user has to maximize the return on investment in the Oracle database technical stacks.
9. How do you recover disaster recovery plan explain?
A disaster recovery plan ( DRP ) is a document, structured approach, it will describe how an organization can quickly resume work after an unplanned incident. A DRP aims to help an organization resolve data loss and recover system functionality so it can perform in the aftermath of an incident.
Typically DRP involves an analysis of the business processes and continuity needs. An organization often performs a business impact analysis ( BIA ) and risk analysis ( RA ) and it established recovers the objectives.
Some types of disaster organizations plan can be followed:
- Application failure
- Communication failure
- Power outage
- Natural disaster
- Malware or other cyber attacks
- Building disaster
- Data center disaster
- Campus disaster
- Citywide disaster
10. How do collaborate to develop a new system? What is your role?
Having a checklist that tasks must for development planning. Whether the task is a small update or a large rollout. If the migration or development goes wrong it will impact every project.
Development is a little complicated so deal with the potential issues. Testing a build in all possible ways for the product to live up to expectations. Let the team test once again before the development. Testing the new code in different environments and testing versions of hardware minimize the chances of defects.
11. What are the pros and cons of cloud computing? Explain briefly
Cloud computing is now an integral part of every business user’s plan to move forward. These three forms of cloud computing are the ones that rock the world, be it public, private, or hybrid. With several pros and cons corresponding as well.
Accessibility and pay-per-use:
- Cloud resources are accessible from anywhere in the world, at any time, on any device, and you have complete control over your resources.
- Your billing is likewise determined by this; you only pay for what you use and how much you use. It’s similar to your phone bill or your power bill. However, when it comes to other IT infrastructure, one typically spends the entire budget all at once, and such resources are rarely utilized to their full potential, resulting in a waste of money.
- Your cloud infrastructure improves the dependability and availability of your applications and services. Cloud services run on a pooled and redundant infrastructure, ensuring that IT services are always available.
- Another major benefit of the cloud is that it consolidates all data from various projects and branch offices into a single location. You obtain complete control over the data without having to visit individual locations to verify the data.
Backup and recovery of data:
- Data loss can have a severe impact on your organization. You could lose vital information, which could cost you a lot of money, waste your time, and harm your brand’s reputation.
- To avoid this, you can back up all of your data to the cloud regularly.
Large cloud storage:
- The majority of cloud services offer you a free, safe, and large storage space to save all of your important data.
- Although most cloud storage providers, such as OneDrive, provide a large amount of free storage, if you use it all, you can always upgrade to more secure cloud storage.
Automatic software updates:
- Updating a system regularly can be a time-consuming operation for businesses. Every individual’s system must be updated by the IT department, which not only consumes time but also reduces productivity.
- However, if you employ cloud-based applications, they will be automatically updated without the users’ involvement.
- Let’s look at some of the negatives of cloud computing now that we’ve gone over the perks.
12. Explain the Disadvantages of cloud computing
You’ll need a high-speed internet connection with plenty of capacity to access your cloud services. 2 You’ll need a decent internet connection with plenty of bandwidth to upload and download files to and from the cloud.
Downtime: Because the cloud demands a high internet connection and a large amount of bandwidth, there is always the risk of a service outage, which can cause business downtime. Today, no company can afford to lose money or experience a slowdown as a result of a disruption in vital business processes.
Infrastructure control is limited: You have no control or limited access to the cloud infrastructure because you are not the owner of the cloud infrastructure.
Limited or restricted flexibility: However, consuming them imposes several constraints and limits on the flexibility of your applications or developments. Furthermore, platform dependency, sometimes known as “vendor lock-in,” can make switching from one provider to another problematic.
Ongoing expenses: On the cloud, you must continue to pay for services as long as you use them, even though you save money on the entire infrastructure and its management. Traditional methods, on the other hand, just require a single investment.
Infosys system engineer interview experience
Many students who had previously completed their courses like Selenium testing, Manual testing, and QTP UFT from the BTree system, had shared their experiences regarding their interview at Infosys. Kindly look at it which can give you some real-time shared experience.
Kamal, Test Engineer at Infosys Limited
- Prepare for basic stuff. Most of the questions are related to your final year project. Prepare well for that. Also, your ability to solve complex real-life problems will be assessed as part of the HR round.
- Just be calm and get prepared for the interview rounds.
- I have shared my interview experience on the Indiabix website. You can go through it for more info
Sowmiya, Former Senior system engineer at Infosys
Once you have cleared the written test you will be called for an interview where you will be attending many panels you will be asked to go to. There will be some basic interview questions, and they will try to gauge whether you have good English and confidence in yourself.
Vimal, Systems Engineer at Infosys Limited
- (Infosys is known for World Class Training in the world’s largest training center)
- Following your B.Tech, you will be taught about patience, long waits for joining dates (2months-14months)
- Basic training in JAVA(1-2months)
- Stream training in .NET (2-4months),
- Extended training in SAP ERP(1month-2months),
- Training on (TT, Fussball, Uno, Carrom) read BENCH PERIOD(2months-9months)
- Finally when you are given a project on Mainframes and are expected to maintain/support your TL, and SSE by writing UNIX SCRIPTS
- Impress your Manager and be assured of getting the Best Employee Award
- Impress your Clients with Awesome Communication skills,(“Your technical Skills are Irrelevant”)